Then my two favorite men in the world came and joined us for a little while! It is always fun to hang and chat with my dad and Mark. They both crack me up! We always have a few laughs with them around. Chiara asked me if I prefer having people with me or if I would rather be alone and lay my head back and sleep. I was quick to say I prefer having people there. It makes me feel like it's more of a fun thing and helps me to forget I am sick for a moment. I figure I have plenty of other times that I can sit and rest alone. Being alone there, in that room full of nurses, IV bags, other people who are sick, etc. seems depressing to me. So thanks to all of you who have come and spent a few hours of your day with me! It has helped this part of my journey seem a bit more bearable. I can't wait for my final round. My girls want to come and play games with me and help me ring the bell to celebrate that I am done! It should be a fun day!
As for today I am feeling like yesterday was chemo day! It's such a big difference between how I feel the morning before I go in and the morning after. I never get back to normal the day before I start chemo again but I certainly start to feel functional. It is spring break for me right now and I knew if I wanted to get anything done I would have to do it Monday. So I took down the curtains in my kitchen and washed them, washed the windows, cleaned out the fridge a little and wiped down a few walls in the kitchen. That's it! Then I was tired and done. So I guess this year that will be the extent of my spring cleaning! Oh well. I am quickly learning there are more important things than a clean house. A hard lesson for me to learn but a good one! :)
Well, thanks for letting me ramble and share a little with you of what's going on! I guess it is time for me to go and rest while I can. Here's to hoping that you are having a great day and that you are finding "joy in your journey"! Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment