Sunday, May 4, 2014

Round 6 - The final round!

I don't even know where to begin...  I completed my 6th and final round of chemo on April 22nd.  Yeah!!  It's such a great feeling to know I have made it through one more phase of my journey.  It was another fun day.  Julie, my sister-in-law whom I love, came and went to lunch with me before and then came to be a part of my final round.  We had such a great time laughing and talking at lunch that for a small moment I forgot I was on my way to go in and get poisoned again.  Thanks Julie for making me forget about my cancer for a moment and just feel like my old self again for awhile.  Love you!


Julie, however, was not the only one who decided to join me for the big day.  I ended up having a ton of people there.  It was great!  Mark and the girls came, my mom, my brother-in-law Dan, my niece Hillary, my cousin Heather (who had to leave before I got to see her but I still count her as being there to support me) , my cousin Heidi and Michelle, a friend from work.  It was so fun!  Lucky for us I was able to get the only private room they have so we didn't disturb the others there that day.  We just laughed and talked and enjoyed each others company.  Thanks to all of you who were there to support me and to all of you who wished you could have been there as well.  I know plenty of you have been cheering me on even though you haven't been able to be with me.





































When you are done you get to go and ring a bell.  So my girls and Mark and I took our picture as I rang the bell.  They also send you with a bottle of sparkling cider to celebrate.  It was great to finally be able to say goodbye, ring the bell and be done with chemo!  :)  Yeah!  I made it!!  I am looking forward to the month of May and beginning to feel like myself again.  I know it won't last long since I start radiation in June but for now I am just focusing on the good days in May that are mine to be had!










No comments:

Post a Comment