Friday, January 17, 2014

Bottomed out!

Well today was my first nadir visit.  In cancer treatment, nadir commonly refers to the lowest point that an individual's blood cell count will reach as a side effect of chemotherapy.  Well according to my blood work the Dr.'s say I have "bottomed out". My counts are really low which means I am extremely susceptible to any type of infection.  An example is if you are at 4.0 you are considered low and I am at 1.8. Another one of my numbers is if you are at 2.0 you are low and I am at 0.2.  I try to look on the bright side and think  I could be lower I could be 0.1.  It is crazy to me because my insides are not matching my outsides.  I feel the best I have in awhile as far as nauseousness and pain, yet I am at my lowest point as far as my insides are concerned.  Crazy!

So what does all of this mean?  I should avoid people and take tons of extra precautions as far as hugging people or having them touch me.  I think this is going to the hardest part for me.  I am a hugger!  So I guess you all will have to help me and not hug me when you see me.  :(   I am going to hate that!

I do recognize all of the prayers being sent my way.  My family, everyone of them all three girls and Mark, have been or currently are sick yet I am staying relatively healthy. I see it as a small miracle.  I don't care what anyone says about staying away from them.  At the end of the day I am their mom and who do all of us want when we are sick?  Yes, our moms!  So I try to balance out taking care of them and staying healthy. It is tricky but I am managing. I have great people around me who are trying to help and I appreciate all that they are doing!  Thanks to all of you for loving us and being there for us.  We will forever be grateful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment