Well I survived round one! Mom, Shay and Mark were with me as I prepped for this new experience. I am grateful that I have so many people who love me and are with me every step of the way. Thanks guys!
If it looks like we were having a party we were! When you have to stay there from 9:30am to 2:00pm you have to make the best of it. So we had snacks, chatted and just hung out! Some of you are curious as to what happens. After a visit with the doctor I went and picked out my special recliner for the day. They then connect you to an I.V. machine through a port I had placed in my chest. From there I had my special "cocktail" drip into me for a few hours. That's it. They changed out my bags of "poison" every now and again and watched to make sure I didn't have an allergic reaction. I didn't seem to have any problems this first round. Yeah!
As for how I am now... well, let's just say I am doing better than I had imagined. I know we all react differently but so far I am doing good. All of the typical symptoms, tired, nauseous, achy but mostly just happy to not be flat in bed like I had anticipated.
I am amazed at how many wonderful people there are in this world! As I spent the day receiving my first round of chemo I was able to visit with a sweet lady who is sadly a veteran at all of this. She has already done 8 sessions and is now going in for quarterly visits. Every time I meet someone new and hear their story I am again reminded that I am going to be fine and that I would take this trial over another. Now with that being said she felt the same about my story and was so sad for me to have to deal with this with my little ones, having to work, etc. I guess it is all about perspective and reminds me that we need to be grateful for who we are and all that we have!
Holla for pictures! Woot Woot! Love your face! You are beautiful!
ReplyDelete