Well yesterday was round two! It was a fun day as my mom and dad came along with Mark and hung out with me. I didn't have to stay quite as long as the first time. I was there about four hours this time. I think it would have been closer to three and a half but I ended up having an allergic reaction. I suddenly couldn't breath and my heart started to hurt. I felt really weird from my waist up and started to feel like I couldn't function. My head was fuzzy and I felt like I might faint. I am sure you are wondering what they do when this happens. Many think they change your medicine. Wrong! Mark had the nurse come over and they stopped giving me the medicine for about 15 minutes. They pumped me full of Benedryl and steroids and then started up the medicine again just a little slower. So you continue to get the same medicine that your body doesn't tolerate just a little slower. I know it sounds crazy but it works.
Have you ever had Benedryl given by I.V.? Craziest thing! Within 5 seconds I was so tired I could barely talk to answer the nurses questions. It knocked me out! I told the nurse I had taken Benedryl before and it didn't make me sleepy but she said it was because I had never had it go straight to my heart! I still feel like I'm in a bit of a Benedryl comma today.
Well as to how I feel? I worked today and feel pretty good. Okay to be truthful I feel crappy but I try to buck up and do my best to feel good. If I follow last times pattern I will start feeling super crappy here in a few days and it will be harder to fake it. I am happy though that my white blood cell count has rebounded and I was back to normal. Yeah! I am also happy that I am able to function enough to go to work and be productive. You have got to look on the bright side of things or this chemo stuff could depress you! :)
Well just a shout out to my favorite parents in the world! I couldn't be blessed with better people to look out for me and love me! You are the best! Thanks for being there with me yesterday. It helps to pass the time and forget what is really happening there. I love you mom and dad!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment